Monday, March 28, 2011

Top 10 reasons why you should read the book-Run Like a Mother: How to Get Moving-and Not Lose Your Family,Job or Sanity


I am now a huge fan of authors Sarah Bowen Shea and Dimitry McDowell since reading their book: Run Like a Mother: How to Get Moving-and Not Lose Your Family, Job or Sanity.

Here are the top 10 reasons why you need to read this book:

10. Never run before? Want to get started? Bowen Shea and McDowell cover everything a new runner needs to know from training tips to great gear. 

9.  They include tips and advice from other female readers from across the country throughout the book. This is super inspiring stuff!

8. Bowen Shea and McDowell also provide the latest and greatest information on all things running that veteran runners can benefit from as well.

7. Their chapter on clothing is awesome. I loved the section where they discussed sports bras. I laughed so hard while reading it I almost peed my pants!

6. They give great suggestions as to songs to listen to while running. I am thrilled to know that I am not the only one that occasionally listens to Hanson's MMMBop while running. :)

5. I got really enjoyed their chapter on Accessories and Gadgets. The ladies breakdown what you actually do really need and give there suggestions as to top products on the market now. Prior to reading their book I had never heard of a Road ID. Thanks to this chapter I am now a proud owner of one.

4. Their suggestions for proper Marathon Foods are wonderful for moms on the go. I love hard-boiled eggs too!

3. They give an honest take about running after having a baby.

2. They share inspiring stories of other mother runners on their website. They also feature awesome training advice and cool contests for their readers.

1. They are hilarious! This is by far the best book I have read in a long time you need to go buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment