Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pregnant women running marathons



Ambler Miller ran the Chicago marathon mere days before she was slated to give birth. While pregnant she sadly demolished my marathon time. Then, a few hours after completing the race she gave birth. Check out the story: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Moms/marathon-mom-pregnant-woman-amber-miller-finishes-chicago/story?id=14706286

According to the story she signed up to participate in the marathon before she found out she was pregnant. I so would have been cancelling my registration or giving my spot to a friend.

Apparently she has ran in other marathons while pregnant. I just don't get the allure. Yes exercising is healthy. If her Doctor cleared her, medically there is no reason she can't do it. However why would you want to go into the labor process being exhausted and calorie deprived? Doesn't make sense to me.

Did you hear about this story? What do you think?








No comments:

Post a Comment