Friday, February 15, 2013

Review: Bearded Brothers-Energy Bars

Recently I have become more active on Twitter. I have followed a ton of professional and novice runners, Olympians, etc. Trying to learn from the best :). One of the cool people that I follow-Sarah Stanley recently had a contest on Twitter. My prize was a variety pack of Bearded Brothers Energy Bars.


For those of you that aren't familiar with Bearded Brothers the company was founded by two brothers Chris and Caleb. Both brothers are athletes and outdoor enthusiasts. Caleb "has a passion for raw organic foods and saw the need for tasty organic energy bars and snacks to fuel his adventures," according to the Bearded Brothers website. "Chris also has over 11 years experience in the health food/supplement industry." Bearded Brothers is located in Austin Texas. Their products are 100% organic, mostly raw, gluten free and vegan friendly.

My variety pack was simply AWESOME! All of the bars were super moist and flavorful. My favorite bar ended up being Bodacious Blueberry Vanilla. YUM! I also liked the portion size of the bar. It was more the size of a brownie rather than the standard skinny energy bar.

The other thing that I liked about the bars is the resealable packaging. Genius! When I'm working out I tend to have a sensitive stomach so I don't like to eat a lot before hand. This allowed me to reseal the energy bar and finish it when I was done with my run.

You should definitely order some energy bars today. Your belly will thank you! Check out the Bearded Brothers website.

Be sure to also visit Sarah Stanley's website and follow her on Twitter. She's super cool and very knowledgeable about health and wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment