Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Love me some three day weekends!!

I don't know about you, but I LOVE 3 day weekends! This weekend was great. Lots of quality time with the family.

I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to all our Armed Forces and their families. I appreciate everything you do to keep our country safe and free!

Photo credit
Saturday I took the boys to the Blossom Festival in downtown Chagrin Falls.The flying bananas were the big hit of the outing. My oldest is starting to get to the age where its not cool to ride in the same car as your brother....oy, vey! It took a good talking to and a Hawaiian Ice and thankfully he was more reasonable about it.



We also went to my favorite running store-Second Sole of Mentor.

 I called the store and told them it was time to replace my Vibram Five Finger Bikilas. I asked for their advice as to what Vibrams to get and they pulled a couple different pairs for me. They were able to put them on hold for a couple of days until I was able to make it to the store.


Here are my new kicks Vibram-KMD Sport LS:
Photo credit
 I also picked up some CEP Compression calf sleeves. I have a pair of their socks and they rock! I just can't wear them with the Vibrams because of the whole separated toe thing. The hope with purchasing the sleeves was that would provide added support to my calves and help ward off further issues and shin splints. I opted for the pink to match my new shoes....I'm such a nerd.
Photo credit
Last but not least I had been reading AWESOME things about The Stick. So I finally picked one up. Let me tell you it is a bit like torture at first but once you get use to it, The Stick is very helpful. I have noticed an improvement in how my legs have felt from using it.

All of these items combined help me to run a great race despite not being at 100 percent. My legs felt great just my hips for some reason were really tight. At any rate, I ran the Chagrin Falls Blossom 5.25 mile run in 54:18! Check out the action shot my husband got...cue LMFAO I'm sexy and I know it....hahaha!


No comments:

Post a Comment