Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday Favorites

1.) I am starting to narrow down what I want to be when I grow up. I'm thinking something with wellness or nutrition. I've been really interested in learning more about food and how it effects the body. So this FAB book came in the mail:
I think this book will bring to light the old adage, "you are what you eat." I just hope I don't have to give up my Dunkin Donuts lattes....otherwise the world will need to look out. I'm a bear and loopy without my coffee. Book review to follow on the blog soon.

2.) Teaching my oldest son to ride a bike without training wheels
Our oldest was lucky enough to get a new bike for his birthday from some of our close family friends. Its scary that those once little legs now can reach the peddles of a big boy bike. We spent one night this week practicing very hard in our front yard in the grass. It was a good lesson in persistence for him. He kept asking, "Am I going to get this figured out tonight?" Me-"You might and you might not, but the important thing is that you keep trying." He did very well. He was able to ride a couple of feet then would fall over. But I kept trying to pump him up and cheered....that was okay get back on and try again. And he did :)

3.) Great post by one of my favorite bloggers about some cool charity racing opportunities.



No comments:

Post a Comment