Sunday, August 11, 2013

Super Sunday

Hey Friends,
Sorry this is so late but as many of you know when kids are sick...life tends to stop. I wanted to write a recap of the awesome week I had.


Monday, August 5th  I had the opportunity to attend the Stella & Dot Fall Rally at the Wine Bar in Rocky River. I normally try to attend these events but lately every time one comes up my kids are sick....so not cool! The kiddos weren't sick until the end of the week so I was able to go to this event.

 It was a lot of fun! I had the pleasure of meeting a lot of other Stylists in the area and seeing the pieces from the new fall collection in person. (Check out some of the new goodies pictured above.) I also decided I love the FRIDA necklace more in person than online. Simply fabulous! Can't wait to make it my own!! I also learned a lot and finally got to meet one of my Stella Sisters and friend from Twitter-Julie!

Fast forward to Tuesday.....Fleet Feet Northfield Mother Runner Party. I have been super psyched for this ever since the fab Another Mother Runner duo announced they were adding a stop to Cleveland over a month ago!!

I got to see one of my college friends that I ran Cross Country with in college with Jen! She's one bad ass mother runner!! She recently ran a 5K in 19 minutes and some odd seconds and this weekend she ran in the Warrior Dash and ROCKED!

Always great to catch up with an old friend!! I also got to meet her current training partners who were cool!

Dimity McDowell and Sarah Bowen Shea made rounds and talked to everyone at the party. We had the pleasure of chatting with a gal who recently lost 150 pounds by running. She just finished her first half marathon. So inspiring.

Then Dimity and Sarah read excerpts from their latest book: Train Like a Mother: How to Get Across Any Finish Line - and Not Lose Your Family, Job, or Sanity.  If you haven't picked up this book yet you need to NOW. Purchase it from Amazon.com here. It is a fast, funny, yet informative read. They had a ton of great giveaways from their wonderful sponsors. Also every person that attended got an amazeball swag bag! My favorite thing was the jar of chocolate Nuttzo. I have had a hard time tracking this awesome spread down and was so excited to try it. Let me tell you it lived up to the hype! Holy deliciousness!! Thank you to the Nuttzo team for sponsoring this giveaway at the party!

I had the pleasure of getting to chat with both Dim and Sarah. Too very cool and inspiring women. And they were so kind to autograph my Run Like A Mother book. What a great time!
Check out their website to see when the next Mother Runner Party is coming your way.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment