Monday, September 9, 2013

Two things Tuesday

So there are lots of things going on via the Internet. This week I've been made aware of two cool challenges that I thought I would share with you.

The Blonde Ponytail Blog

New fab mommy Jess is helping us get our booties back into shape. For the next 21 days I have committed to:
Photo credit-Blonde Ponytail Blog
So I started the challenge gasp doing a little too much too soon. My first day I did 100 squats and sit-ups but failed miserably in the push-up department. I was so sore I had to take a day off...since then I've started using my head and tweeting a lot with Jess. I have been averaging 50-65 squats per night, still hitting the 100 sit-ups AND 9-14 push-ups. Not too shabby if I don't say! Thanks to Jess for this challenge. 

The Slow Down Challenge
Writer Jeff Goins started this challenge and here is what's involved, "We all need to slow down and savor the finer points of life. If we don’t do this, we end up missing out on a lot. We can literally rush through our entire lives without ever taking our time to appreciate what’s right in front of us.

Slow Down
Photo Credit: Iain Farrell via Compfight cc
There is a cost to a hurried life sans rest stops. And there is a richness to a more deliberate pace.
When we slow down, we do better, more creative work; we become better stewards of the relationships in our lives; and we grown grateful for the small things in life.
Are you ready to take the scenic route? To slow down and savor every last bit of each experience? Then join the Slow Down Challenge, a five-day series of reflection and action that will help you:
  • Live with greater intentionality.
  • Have better focus.
  • And develop deeper relationships.

How to join the challenge

All you need to participate is do the following:
  1. Sign up for email updates to this blog (enter your info below).
  2. Read each daily prompt.
  3. Accomplish each exercise as best you can.
  4. Share your journey (in the comments or on your own blog, if you have one)."
Sounds good to me!

Have you ever done an online challenge? 




No comments:

Post a Comment