Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday friends! How was your week?
Here are a few of my favorite things from this week!
1.) I won a contest thanks to Glam Karen and the ARTIchoke team! I selected the Deer Skull Slouchy Pullover. 
Glam Karen is modeling my new shirt!

Photo credit-Glam Karen
Go check out Glam Karen's blog here. Also get your shop on via ARTIchoke's website. Super cute stuff including a great Boston Strong tee and they are donating proceeds from sales to the One Fund.
2.) I was able to work out a meet up with a local barefoot runner. I am so excited to learn more about what barefoot running is. I've read a ton of books about it but until you see someone do it, it can be hard to put everything together.
3.) I just got word my Knuckle Lights shipped....YEAH! I have been running at night after work and it gets dark so early I almost crashed into a mailbox this week. I'm so excited to get these for safety reasons and so I'm not crashing into mailboxes. LOL! Thanks to the Another Mother Runner ladies for helping me out with this referral. 
Photo credit-Knuckle Lights website

4.) Run4Good App-Runner friends log your miles on this app and help charities receive grants from Saucony for programs that help get children active. This month's goal is:
"Harlandale ISD Running Club
  • Harlandale Independent School District fervently supports opportunities that promote running and healthy lifestyle programs for students. The Harlandale ISD Running Club Program will focus on engaging and educating at least 200 students, in grades 2 through 5, in physical and nutritional lifelong healthy habits. The goal of the Harlandale ISD Running Club is to educate students on safe running techniques, lifelong physical activities, and affordable nutritional options. The running club meets twice a week, in which participants are taught how to properly stretch before engaging in running activities to avoid injuries. Additionally, nutrition classes will be offered to the running club students and their parents. Soler’s Sports, a committed partner in the fight against childhood obesity, will measure the students for their running shoes, educate the student participants in the sport of running, nurture the love for running and fitness, and support the running club throughout the school year."

No comments:

Post a Comment