Monday, November 29, 2010

One down, two more to go

Last night I began my quest to run three times over the course of 7 days. I had an awesome night run. I ran the one mile loop that I blogged about last week. This time, there was no I can't do this, I am out of shape and must slow down. This time it was I am going to get to the turn around point without walking at all. Then when I hit the turn around, it was jumping for joy and deciding there would be no walking on this run, period! I ended up making it the whole mile without walking! (YES!) Granted it wasn't the world's fastest mile, but I did it. More importantly, I did it better than the last run before.

That night I had a realization about running. In life, we aren't given many opportunities for do overs accept when we run. Runners have a unique opportunity to take what once might have been a bad race or awful training run and fix it. Whether your definition of fixing it is not walking, feeling good while running or hitting a certain time it can be done! That to me is simply magical.


"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who thinks he can." -Vince Lombardi

No comments:

Post a Comment