Friday, June 10, 2011

Sugar Free Challenge Days 4-10 and event recap

Sunday, June 5th after my big return to racing I finally cracked. It was getting hot out. I was super tired from lack of sleep due to my kids and race nerves. I had to have me an Dunkin' Donuts Iced Carmel Swirl Latte.

It was very refreshing! It helped keep me awake and functional! I will say that I did notice it wasn't as exciting to my taste buds to have. My brain was saying yes, yes you need this when in reality I didn't.

I learned a lot from doing this. First thing is that I really don't need to be getting Dunkin' Donuts Iced Carmel Swirl Lattes every day. As much as they are super tasty, they aren't good for me to have every single day. Second, I felt better physically by not having so much sugar. Once I got past, my initial withdrawal phase which was very difficult. I felt like I wasn't nearly as moody without sugar. Third, sugar has a bad effect on my waist line. After having two babies my stomach muscles aren't in great shape as it is. Having excessive amounts of sugar makes me look and feel bloated.

Thanks to Amanda at Run to the Finish for having this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment