Thursday, July 7, 2011

Virtual 5K run/walk to benefit the American Heart Association

Beginning Saturday, July 9th I will be hosting a virtual 5K run/walk to raise funds to benefit the American Heart Association. I will be walking in their annual Heart Walk Event August 27th in memory of my late father-in-law Jim.

Jim died the night before my husband and I got engaged. My husband went down to his home town to have dinner with his parents. His father died the next morning at age 50. My husband was crushed. His father was his hero. I wish every day that he was here. I know he is up in Heaven looking down on us.

The cost to enter the virtual 5K run/walk is $5. All proceeds will go towards my fundraising goal with the American Heart Association of $250. Comment below if you are interested in participating and I will send you the info where to send the donation to. There will be a prize package for the person who comes in first place in the 5K run and the 5K walk. I will post the prize info as soon as I have it finalized. The virtual 5K run/walk will run through Saturday, July 23rd.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment