Ideally, I would like to take a class locally. However I am finding that yoga studios only offer limited sessions for this. I guess it makes sense as there is only a window (9 months) of opportunity for this.
Since I haven't had any luck finding any classes, I started researching yoga DVD's online. Below are the top prenatal yoga DVD's according to Amazon.com:
1.) Summer Sanders' Prenatal Workout
"Comprehensive Pre-natal fitness program featuring Summer Sanders -- Olympian Gold Medalist , Sportscaster, and host of ESPN s The Sports List. Summer Sanders and her trainer lead the user through a custom routine for each trimester with an express options. " Price-$13.99
2.) Gentle Yoga For Every Body
"Gentle Yoga for Every Body has 12 customized routines that make all the physical and mental benefits of yoga available to everyone. Over the centuries, yoga practitioners have discovered simple and effective practices to reduce stress and achieve optimal health, vitality and serenity. This DVD has specially modified poses and routines so that no matter how flexible or inflexible you are, you can experience the numerous benefits of yoga.
This revolutionary, interactive system allows you to choose from over 12 customized routines ranging from 15-60 minutes. The DVD is arranged in 3 sections, Very Gentle, Gentle and Gentle Challenge to meet your ever changing needs.
- Routines to build strength and increase flexibility gently
- Modified routines to meet a wide variety of needs, including seated in a chair, lying down and standing positions.
- Specific issues, such as Neck and shoulders
- Relaxation and stress reducing routines
- Breathing exercises
30 MINUTE BONUS FEATURE: Living Compassion with the Dalai Lama" Price $14.99
3.) Prenatal Yoga
- "With Shiva Reas Prenatal Yoga DVD, longtime yoga instructor Shiva Rea addresses the changing needs of pregnant women with safe, effective stretches and exercises you can modify for each trimester so you reap the greatest benefits.
- Focused on helping you feel comfortable, relaxed and fit during pregnancy, this workout will increase your energy and stamina, and build strength, flexibility and balance.
- The emphasis on proper technique and deep breathing improves focus and concentration, which can help ease labor and delivery.
- The gentle stretches help reduce fatigue, tension and tightness, while promoting relaxation and improved circulation.