Friday, March 29, 2013

Review-PROBAR Core Protein Bars



Happy Friday! Hope everyone had a great week! Last Saturday, March 23rd I ran in a 5 mile trail race and ROCKED IT. I shaved 10 minutes off my total time as compared to my last 5 mile race, and a 2 minute improvement on my per mile time-YAHOO! Race review to come soon :).

The past week I've been focusing on trying to give my body healthy fuel. Part of what's been helping me get on track with eating better is the PROBAR family of products. Recently I told you guys about having the opportunity to review PROBAR Meal-The Real Wholefood Bars. I also had the opportunity to review PROBAR CORE Protein Bars. Let me just tell you those PROBAR people know their stuff !

What I love about the PROBAR CORE Protein Bars is their taste. I have sampled a number of protein bars over the years. Most are either not flavorful or taste just plain funky! Not the PROBAR CORE Protein Bars. Every bar is both delicious and nutritious. Every flavor I sampled tastes like you are eating a candy bar, no joke! You can't tell you are eating a protein bar. I even taste tested this with some of my friends and they totally agreed! The bars come in the flavors: Cookie Dough, Peanut Butter Chocolate, Mint Chocolate and Brownie Crisp.


My personal favorite flavors are Cookie Dough and Peanut Butter Chocolate. Cookie Dough tastes like you are eating cookie dough ice cream. Peanut Butter Chocolate is also the bomb! Anytime you put that combo together you are sure to have a winner.

On the nutrition front, each bar is packed with 20 grams of plant protein, chia seeds and other all natural ingredients. Protein is essential for athletes to help aid in recovery. I've been eating them after workouts and have noticed an improvement in my recovery. I also eat them for breakfast with my morning coffee :).

Like what you read? Go to PROBAR's website and order some CORE Protein Bars ASAP. The good folks at PROBAR are offering my readers a one time discount. If you enter the code "BLOGGER" at checkout you will get 40% off your first order. AWESOME DEAL!

Better yet, why not win a box of PROBAR CORE Protein Bars of your own? Here's how to win. Leave a comment below with your name and email address and the following:

1.) Follow PROBAR on Facebook. Like their page and say, "Jennifer from Diaper Derby Adventures blog sent me." (1 entry)
2.) Follow me on Twitter-@diaperderbymama (1 entry)
3.) Tweet-I want to win a box of PROBAR CORE Protein Bars from @diaperderbymama (1 entry)
4.) Tell me which flavor you would love to try. (1 entry)

Contest ends midnight Monday, April 8, 2013.

**Disclosure- Purple Orange Brand Communications sent me CORE Bars to sample. They also donated a box to give away for this contest. The opinions noted above are mine and mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment