Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Two things Tuesday

Photo credit






Earlier this year I was super psyched to win a free StrideBox from a contest by one of my favorite bloggers Neon Blonde Runner. I was very intrigued by the concept of putting items especially for runners in shoebox. My first box was so cool I decided to join their monthly service. Let me tell you I have been thoroughly pleased. It has been great to be able to try products without being locked into buying them in big quantity and then not liking something.
This months box included Skratch Labs Hydration Mix, Pocket Fuel, Electro Delytes, Power Ice, Blue Steel Sports, Lock Laces and Due North Foot Rubz Massage Ball.
My favorite item in this months box-The Foot Rubz Massage Ball. I've always meant to get one but for some reason never did. Now I have one!It is by far the most amazing little thing I've ever gotten. My good foot never felt so good. I'm not trying it on the left foot with the stress fracture yet because I'm scared.
So if you are a runner or need a unique gift for the runner in your life you need to check this out. It only costs $15 per month. Check them out on Facebook.

2.) ABC Mouse.com

When watching tv with my family I have seen the commercial for the website ABCmouse.com several times and it looked like fun. In an effort to keep up their school skills over the summer last night I took the plunge and joined. 

Here is the official description of the website from abcmouse.com, "ABCmouse.com is a global education initiative of Age of Learning, Inc. Our goal is to help children build a strong foundation for future academic success by providing a comprehensive and engaging online curriculum to greatly assist early learners to succeed in pre-k, kindergarten, and early elementary school programs.
ABCmouse.com is subscription-based, with no advertising, pop-up ads, or links to other sites. Children can learn and explore with their parents, or on their own (depending on age and ability), in a safe and secure online educational environment.
We named our site ABCmouse.com because here children can learn important educational basics (often referred to as "the ABC’s") through the use of a computer mouse. At ABCmouse.com, the computer mouse comes to life as ABC Mouse, who serves as our site ambassador and guide to early learners everywhere."

We signed up for the free month trial and then to be billed $7.95 per month. We took the site for a spin last night and my boys loved it. My three year old was so excited to do it he cried when we had to turn off the computer. And the best part his oldest brother our first grader agreed to do additional enrichment activities online because of how fun ABC Mouse makes it.

Last but not least if you need any gifts for any special events please check out my Stella & Dot website. 




No comments:

Post a Comment