Monday, July 29, 2013

I've never been so excited to bike in my life

I've been in a bit of a funk since not being able to run. Lack of activity has messed with my waistline and just made me feel BLAH!! I've been able to swim a bit weather permitting but its not the same.

However on Friday my husband got me the best present I've had in a while. He got me the purple beauty below!! She's gently used and has I can't tell you how many speeds...I want to say 9.I'm no cycling expert....
I will let you know how many speeds the purple people eater (I give things names..part of my charm)  is later this week. Today I took the bike out for a spin! First physical activity since stress fracture.Insert happy dance here!!!

I felt like a kid who got their training wheels removed and was riding for the first time. I couldn't figure out how to work the gears. And lets not forget I haven't figured out the fine art of turning sharply! I am a bit accident prone and had the death grip on the handle bars for fear of crashing. All that aside once I got going the ride was AMAZING! First time it months the wind was blowing through my hair, my legs were pumping and I felt STRONG!!!

I biked 1.8 miles on Charity miles. Foot felt fine! Now the trick this week is not overdoing it which is so tempting. Have to start back to all this with baby steps. Going to do a shorter ride this Thursday and see how that goes. Hoping that one will go great too :) .Getting closer to running I feel it!!

Photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment