Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wednesday Wisdom and an update

Photo credit
Yesterday was the day I have been waiting for! I got cleared to run again. I don't normally get choked up while running but putting on my Vibrams I started to get a little emotional. Running for me has meant so much to me and I haven't been able to do it up until now. You know the old saying absence makes the heart grow fonder...so true with my running!

As I was getting dressed and ready to roll I checked out my assignment on my training plan by Run The Edge Training plan which called for 20 minutes easy. I grabbed my cell phone to get my run recorded on Charity Miles and my Garmin and I was off.

I started with a 5 minute warm up. Typically I am not a fan of warm ups but I don't want to further injure myself. My goal, starting running from scratch post injury is to make sure I warm up and cool down properly. So after I completed a 5 minute warm up I got rolling! It felt simply amazing to be running again. I was super tempted to go fast but the training plan called for an "easy" run so I was a good girl and slowed down.

I focused on my form and just relaxing! I ended my run in our front yard and did some agility drills that will help my legs get stronger and improve my turn over. Today I am using a cross training day and planning on riding my bike!!

Are you exercising now? If so how is it going?


No comments:

Post a Comment