Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday Favorites

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!


Photo credit
We took all three kids out for a rainy trick-or-treat last night. It was fun time! H, our oldest was super territorial about his candy this year. He had a smaller goody bag so the plan when we left home was that everyone would dump their candy into my bag and we would divide it out. Eh, yeah that was good in theory but not when it came to execution. He thought he was going to get a raw deal and that we were giving all his candy to his little brother. And then came the tears....
Thankfully after that he simmered down. C & G our younger two did great. They were easy going and seemed to enjoy everything.  My husband and I had a great time as we went out with friends of ours who have kids the same age as ours. It was fun trick-or-treating in a group.

Our kids ended up getting a ton of candy. I don't have a problem letting them have a little bit trick-or-treat night. However I don't let them go hog wild. My husband and I limit how much candy they get to have each day. And I also really stress making sure they are brushing their teeth a lot with the increased candy intake.
 
Do you observe Halloween? How did everything go for you and your kids?


1.) Here are some suggestions of what to do with any candy your kids don't want or you think they shouldn't have courtesy of those fab ladies at Cool Mom Picks.


2.) I've been reading all sorts of posts about the
 Xfinity Fitness Band


Photo credit
 Xfinity Fitness Band-Stuft Mama loves it and the Another Mother Runner ladies raved about it too. I think the design of the band looks fun.  I love the idea that this can be used for stretching AND strength training. Xfinity Fitness Band is available at Walmart.com. 

Hopefully Santa will bring me one!

3.) Last but not least....I am glad that the Cleveland Indians released Chris Perez today. We are die hard Indians fans and weren't too happy with him this year. Between the antics off the field and then talking badly about the fans, it was time for him to go. Hopefully the Tribe can regroup and rebuild in the off season to repeat this year!

Happy weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment