I will be trying the Efferdent Pre-Soak for my shoes. One of his fans, Nathan who has his own blog In Between My Toes details exactly how to do this.
- Drop two tablets in enough very warm water (not hot) to cover favorite pair of smelly FiveFingers.
- Place shoes into effervescing solution which will change from blue to a little less bluish.
- After 15 minutes FiveFingers should be free of odor forming bacteria.
- Remove and rinse FiveFingers thoroughly. They're fresh tasting and not quite ready to wear (I didn't test the fresh taste part, but if you are inclined, have at it).
- Dry shoes and insert previously stinky feet.