Sunday, November 28, 2010

How to clean your Vibram Five Fingers

So yesterday I was on a mission as to how to clean my Vibram Five Fingers. Today I did some investigative work and came across an awesome article about this on by Justin creator of birthdayshoes.com

I will be trying the Efferdent Pre-Soak for my shoes. One of his fans, Nathan who has his own blog In Between My Toes details exactly how to do this.
  1. Drop two tablets in enough very warm water (not hot) to cover favorite pair of smelly FiveFingers.
  2. Place shoes into effervescing solution which will change from blue to a little less bluish.
  3. After 15 minutes FiveFingers should be free of odor forming bacteria.
  4. Remove and rinse FiveFingers thoroughly. They're fresh tasting and not quite ready to wear (I didn't test the fresh taste part, but if you are inclined, have at it).
  5. Dry shoes and insert previously stinky feet.
 This should be interesting....results to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to my site. Just a disclaimer about soaking your VFFs... don't let them soak too long. I have soaked mine for upwards of two hours with no adverse effects, but one weekend I forgot them over night. When I pulled them out the adhesive had turned white. On my KSOs the hypalon (place where the strap attaches) began delaminating. Not fun.

    Anywho, Your blog looks great. Enjoy your VFF but don't forget to make time for running barefoot as well, weather permitting.

    Cheers.
    inbetweenmytoes.com

    ReplyDelete