Thursday, December 9, 2010

No hats and scarves for boys?

Earlier this week during one of the first snowstorms of the season, my husband graciously took our oldest son to the store. They were on a quest to find a hat, gloves and a scarf for the preschool Christmas program. When they got to the major retailer I sent them to, they had a difficult time finding a hat with a "ball" on top of it like he wanted.  Apparently the beanie hats are the style now for boys. Beanies don't work for my son as they don't even cover his ears.

To make matters worse, they don't make scarves for little boys! What is that?! My husband was told by one of the people working in the boys section that the trend is for everything to be attached to the coat. HUH? I have never seen such a coat before.

Luckily, thanks to my husband's quick thinking they found a hat in the men's section. He found a coordinating scarf in the women's section. Yes you heard me right. Both of them had similar colors and no one knew the better for the Christmas program.

No comments:

Post a Comment