Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 recap and hopes for 2012






Hi bloggy friends! Hope everyone had a Happy Holiday (whatever it may be) and Happy New Year! 

What a 2011 it was!

This year I accomplished:

1.) Running and actually racing again. 

  • This was huge for me. I have always enjoyed it but since having babies have struggled to do this regularly.
  • My favorite race was the XTerra Trail Run in Kirtland this past summer. It reminded me of running cross country in college.
  • I had a great time getting our oldest involved and was super proud of him this summer when he ran in the Smiles for Sophie 1 mile race. Can't wait to see what this summer holds for him.
2.) Got my blog going
  • Blogging has been an amazing creative outlet for me. It has been exciting for me to know that people are actually reading this blog. Thanks to everyone that has followed along with  my adventures this year.
  • I have gotten to know my Cleveland better thanks to this blog. I have also gotten to attend some awesome events thanks to this blog. 
3.) Had a better year than 2010.
  • 2010 was the pits. There is no other way to say it. Lots of drama that went on and thankfully most of it has been resolved. 
Goals for 2012
1.) Not worry about things so much
  • What will be, will be. I have no control. God is in control and I need to learn to trust that more.
 2.)  Run more and get in shape again
  • I still want to find a barefoot running coach in Ohio to help me learn how to run barefoot effectively. Barefoot KenBob if you are out there we need to talk!!
3.)  Count my blessings
  • I do count my blessings daily. However when things get tough I tend to not look at the good things I have but focus on the bad. In those situations I need to learn to be more grateful and not so negative.
4.) Not take life so seriously
  • HAVE MORE FUN!!! And blog more :)
Do you make New Year's Resolutions? What are your resolutions for 2012?
  
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! This is great, I want to start running again too! I have the same problem- ever since having my daughter, I just don't have the time or energy. I've really slacked on my what used to be regular yoga routine as well. It's part of my resolutions which you can read here: http://jessica-healthymommyhealthybaby.blogspot.com/2012/01/first-rant-of-new-year.html.

    Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete