Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Favorites

Hey peeps!
Hope you had a great week. This week despite my crazy cough still hanging around I had several 4 mile days! I am super optimistic going into my 8K trail race tomorrow.

Some of my favorite things this week have been:
1.) I Run 4 Michael

Another awesome find by the fab Another Mother Runner ladies!! This awesome group was founded by Tim Boyle. Here is his story about how he came up with the concept off the I Run 4 Michael website,
michael 
"I posted a picture for inspiration for my first official 5K run and one of my facebook friends commented on it. His comment was simple yet profound. He said “you can run for me anytime!”
You see my friend was diagnosed with bilateral hip dyspasia. He was told he would never walk again. He found a doctor who was willing to perform a risky and experimental surgery over a period of two years. He spent a year in a body cast and underwent 17 months of gruelling physical therapy five days a week. He DID walk again. The miraculous results were expected to last two to three years. He recovered enough and so strongly he competed in the Olympics… The Special Olympics. You see, my friend Michael Wasserman has Down Syndrome. This “Old Champ” (as his mother, Mary, calls him) stretched out this miracle 24 years and 24 days. He is now in a wheelchair and can no longer run. But that’s not the end of the story… he has been inspiring me for several months with his artwork which he sells in facebook auctions and donates 100% of the proceeds to charity. Last year alone he raised $2500! So I RUN FOR MICHAEL!"

I signed up to be a run buddy.I just got an email yesterday I am on the match list. I will get a little buddy to run for in the next 6-8 weeks. So exciting. Also I have joined their Facebook community and this group is so inspiring. I can't wait to get my match!

2.) Saucony Run4Good App

Photo credit
This week I've completed 10 miles using the app and have moved up to the Quickstep level! This months goal is to help Creekside Middle School 100 Mile Club.

3.) Duck Dynasty

The show continues to make me laugh! 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment