Monday, October 14, 2013

Move it Monday

Hi everyone,
How was your weekend? Mine was great.....catching up with some old friends and spending time with the family, you can't get better than that...

Did you know this weekend was the Iron Man Competition in Kona Hawaii??? Former Pittsburgh Steelers player...boo..cough...competed. Mind you I was not a fan of his when he was playing for the Steelers. However ever since I heard that he was doing this...you can't help admire the guy!!

Photo credit
Ward was coached by Iron Woman Superstar Paula Newby-Fraser.No better hands to be in that that if I say so myself. Ward did an awesome job and if NFL star isn't enough now he's officially an Iron Man and I'm officially a fan!!

And in other news...I've been taking a couple of days off to make the cough of the century stop. Today was my first day back in the saddle after about 4 days rest. I ran 4 miles in a little over 40 minutes. Considering the fact I was hacking a lung up the first mile I was pretty pleased. And the best part the last mile was 9 minutes!!

I've been using the GU Energy Gel lately as a regular part of training. I'm in love with the peanut butter flavor and the chocolate outrage flavor...I believe I may need to buy a case soon....

Photo credit
Just found out about a very cool race...The Christmas Story House in Cleveland is having a 5K & 10K run in December to benefit their neighborhood restoration project. Check out the details here. I love this movie and think the idea is AWESOME!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment