Sunday, October 27, 2013

Review: Eucerin Eczema Relief Body Creme


Its no secret I love all Eucerin products. So when I was asked to sample and review their new Eczema Relief products I jumped at the chance. 

In case you don't know what Eczema is. Here is the skinny as defined by Wikipedia as, "also known as atopic dermatitis[1] is a form of chronic inflammation of the skin.[2]
The term eczema is broadly applied to a range of persistent skin conditions. These include dryness and recurring skin rashes that are characterized by one or more of these symptoms: redness, skin edema (swelling), itching and dryness, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking, oozing, or bleeding. Areas of temporary skin discoloration may appear and are sometimes due to healed injuries. Scratching open a healing lesion may result in scarring and may enlarge the rash.
The word eczema comes from Greek, meaning "to boil over". Dermatitis comes from the Greek word for skin – and both terms refer to the same skin condition. In some languages, dermatitis and eczema are synonymous, while in other languages dermatitis implies an acute condition and "eczema" a chronic one.[3] The two conditions are often classified together."

Our oldest son H has this. His back gets very inflamed red and super itchy several times throughout the year. I had him by my case study as a part of my review of this product. He stared out the week having two large Eczema flairs on his back. We used this lotion several times throughout the week. I am pleased to say thanks in part to this lotion his Eczema flair has been controlled. He really liked the lotion. He told me that the lotion," felt really good. It was cool on my skin."

I have also been using the lotion on my hands as they get super dry during the fall/early winter. I love the texture of this product. Other lotions are either too slimy or don't last long on my skin. Eucerin Eczema Relief Body Creme ROCKS! For more on the Eucerin line of products check out their Facebook page.

***Disclosure-I was given several samples of Eucerin products for this review. The opinions noted above are mine and mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment